Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Had kidney stone removed yesterday by laser... took 4 or 5

Customer Question

had kidney stone removed yesterday by laser... took 4 or 5 of the opoid pain injections before they put me under and went in and got it... stint is in my ureter till wed but the pooping mechanism has been turned off it seems... tried a fleet enema but must have not let it soak long enuff cuz all that came out was clear... i have passed about 6 small hard stools but there is 3 salads in me 3 bowls of veg soup and half gallon of apple juice that should have blown through me... also tried glycerine suppositories without success...
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: soreness all over from the anesthesia... oh and 2 dulcolax in me too taken about 8 hours aapart ... I'm off the oxyconton they sent me home with since 3 or maybe 7 am saturday ... thats whats locking me up ...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

You mentioned that you have passed 5 small hard stools. Do you still feel sensation of passing stool but unable to evacuate?

Do you have bloating, gas, stomach pain or fullness?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
fullness some gas... while waiting i used a fleet enema and i passed a little more ... no where near enough...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does fleet work all at once or over time?

At this point of time, I feel, the best result can be by the oil based fleet enema. You need to keep the enema at least for 5 minutes or more, before going to toilet. That should be able to give you a good evacuation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will olive oil work or does it matter?

Any oil enema works good. It facilitate the rectum movement by lubrication and stimulation.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks Doc... off to this adventure!!!

You are very welcome.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Let me know, if I can do anything further for you.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are credited and compensated for the time and expertise.

Thank you.