Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had a tick crawl in my ear and now it seems to have gone

Customer Question

I had a tick crawl in my ear and now it seems to have gone further. I'm having headaches ringing in my ears and swelling in my face. I can feel it moving and i don't know what to do
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had a tick in my ear and I can feel it moving inside my ear. I have mild swelling and redness in my face. Major headaches and ringing in my ears along with numbness
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I've had some fevers as well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you can pour a few drops of mineral oil or vegetable oil or baby oil into your ear or have someone pour a few drops of oil into your ear and the tick will crawl out.

and then you can drain the oil out of your ear

let me know if you have questions.