Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I was going to go walk-in blood draw morning , free t4, and

Customer Question

I was going to go for a walk-in blood draw for this morning for TSH, free t4, and total t3, ordered by my doctor. Should I take my thyroid supplement before I go? (I am hypothyroid.) How many hours before the blood draw should I take the supplement or should I wait until afterwards? (I take it every morning before eating - 90 mgs, glandular supplement.)
Also, last night just before I began the 8-hour fast for a blood glucose level test (from blood only, I won't be given a glucose drink) I ate 20 raisins (in 2 pieces of raisin bread), something I don't normally do. Will that throw the glucose levels off for the test today?
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 5 months ago.

You shouldn't take your thyroid supplement before giving blood for testing.

You can take it after coming back to home.

Also eating raisins 'll not affect blood glucose levels.

Raisins have a GI value of between 49 and 64, which means they have a low to medium GI score.

If you have good blood sugar control, it is unlikely that a serving of raisins will spike your glucose level.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
We are here to serve you until you satisfy.
It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.