Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

My two middle fingers are locked in a bent position and I

Customer Question

My two middle fingers are locked in a bent position and I cannot get them to move. This is my left hand.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What do you need to know.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: At the moment I also have neck pain, collarbone area. Saw my chiropractor yesterday and he is treating it. I am male, 51 yrs old. I believe the issue with my fingers is trigger finger.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

Yes,you have a trigger finger, which is caused by narrowing of the sheath that the tendon for that finger passes through. The narrowing of the sheath can be due to inflammation or from injury to the tendon.

This inflammation causes the tendon to be unable to move smoothly and the finger catches and gets stuck in the bent position.

Neck pain can be associated with cervical spondylosis.

The treatment may include Motrin,massage on back of neck,soak in warm water for 5-10 minutes, finger exercises to try to keep it moving fluidly, and usually steroid injections.

So see an Orthopedist for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

Wish for his good health.

May I help you further?

Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.

Wish for your good health.