Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I found what I think is a tick in my hair. It was still

Customer Question

I found what I think is a tick in my hair. It was still alive and crawling around after I pulled it out. Should I be worried? Could I have picked it up two days ago before i found it and still be alive? I did not have to pull hard to get it out but my scalp is irritated.
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have never had a tick bite before. I rubbed alcohol on the area. It was stinging. I have no clue how I picked it up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 5 months ago.

As per your description,most likely you had picked it up outside.
Ticks can be found in grasses, fields and wooded areas. They can detect warmth and carbon dioxide from humans and animals and will attach when this is detected. They live on blood from humans and animals.
If you have animals close to where you live,the ticks can be falling off of these animals and getting onto you.

As you had clean the bite and now apply triple antibiotic ointment to the bite.
Keep a close eye on the bite if you develop a rash, a red ring around the bite or flu like symptoms you will need to see your doctor.

Symptoms of rocky mountain spotted fever can include fever greater then 102, nausea, vomiting, muscle aches, headache, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, diarrhea and joint pain.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
We are here to serve you until you satisfy.
It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.

I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.
Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.