A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I felt very dizzy while I was talking on the phoe about 1:00

Customer Question

I felt very dizzy while I was talking on the phoe about 1:00 pm and told the person I was dizzy and was going to sit down. I think I started to sit on my dining room chair, then decided maybe I should get something to eat. I must have passed out because the next thing I knew I was lying on the kitchen floor and could vaguely hear someone calling my name. I finally figured it was the woman I had been talking to. I had thrown or dropped the phone as I fell. I assured he I didn't need an ambulance, am just a little sore,and black and blue where my glasses hit my face. I waited on the floor until I didn't feel dizzy then go up. I noticed my heart was beating more irregularly than usual. I still feel a little shakey. My question is should I go to an urgent care center? My doctors office is closed this afternoon and I am flying to New York in the morning.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.

Yes, you need to be evaluated. Please don't drive yourself though since you may pass out again and really seriously injure yourself or others. Please call someone to drive you, or call an ambulance for safety.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler