Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I've had a cold 2 weeks now along with minor head aches. but

Customer Question

I've had a cold for about 2 weeks now along with minor head aches. but for the past 2-3 days, the headache had concentrated on the right side of my head and throbs abd beta a lot when u cough or blow my nose
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: *throbs and hurts a lot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

What is your age & gender?

Do you still have cold?

Any other known medical illness?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm a 30 year old female.
yes, I still have a cold. I've been expelling yellow phlegm.
no other medical illnesses.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having headache concentrated on the right side of head is most likely because of a condition called sinus headache.They are caused by an inflammation in your sinuses .The combination of more fluid and less drainage leads to the pain and pressure of a sinus headache.

It usually occurs after a cold due to bacteria and viruses infecting the lining of the sinuses.The treatment includes:

-Non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs(NSAID's) like tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg for headache.

-Afrin is a brand of nasal spray used to ease nasal congestion that is available over-the-counter.The generic name for this medication is Oxymetazoline hydrochloride.

-Neti pot will help you greatly .It is done for nasal irrigation & to clear away crusting in the nasal passages.

-Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.

So bot***** *****ne is that your symptoms are most likely because of sinus headache & above described treatment will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications/antibiotics will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets cleared with above described medications.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh