Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I'm 24 female currently on vacation and have been

Customer Question

I'm 24 female currently on vacation and have been experiencing GERD for a few weeks now i went to a clinic and a doctor prescribed me a strong anti acid to take each morning my symptoms went away after about a week but then resurfaced a week later and have been consistent for about 6 days I have a bit a heart burn but mainly bloating and discomfort in my chest. I scheduled a scope for when i return home in a week but I'm experiencing a lot of discomfort I am being extremely careful of what I eat but i am wondering if there is anything else i can do. when I have an onset of bloating in my chest it is very uncomfortable and I feel as if my heartbeat is quickening. I would appreciate any advice
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: indigestion yes, to this level no.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I feel worried being over the past few months i feel like i have had heart palpatations on a weekly basis, i don't know if this is stressed induced or if i should be concerned
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also it seems to become a lot worse in the evening
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. The symptoms you describe could be GERD. Go to the pharmacy and get Nexium 20mg which is over the counter. Take once daily. If it is GERD you should start to feel better in 48 hours. If it is something else, such as stone or inflammation of the gall bladder stay away from all fatty foods and alcohol until you get back and can see your doctor. I hope this is helpful and you feel better soon. I have activated the rating page and a positive rating is always appreciated.