A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have espohagus spasm took a o. JA: OK. The Doctor will

Customer Question

i have espohagus spasm took a o.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: can i take zanex no 0.25 mgs horrible esophagus spasm...take valium half of 5 mgs every night for sleep.....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: have shrogrns fibromalgia and anxiety....the esophagus spasm happens almost every day yet worse today i panic food is not going down to stomache takes time.......
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: yesanxiety and reading that valiumg can cause dysphagia yet it takes my anxiety away... i do take it before bed and sometimes a piece during the day.......ben on valium since august and do not take any thing for the sjrogens or fibromyalgia.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.

It would be fine to take the medication for your anxiety since it sounds like your medical providers have determined that anxiety is the cause of the spasms.

There are some other reasons for spasms and different types of esophageal spasms, but it sounds like that has already been investigated.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler