Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

My husband hasn't sneezed in over a month. Is there cause ?

Customer Question

My husband hasn't sneezed in over a month. Is there cause for concern?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: He's 67 years old, has stage 4 cancer of the bile duct, and was diagnosed with a small pea sized benign tumor in his brain unrelated to the cancer he has.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That may be concerning.Sneezing is mediated by the nerve reflexes in the brain.Any pressure on the nerves can cause this.You should discuss with his neurologist for a MRI scan.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wow! OK thank you.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Very welcome --usually lateral medullar part of the brain is the area of concern here.Best wishes