A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Visited the doctor after experiencing penile swelling

Customer Question

Visited the doctor after experiencing penile swelling (circumsized), swollen groin glands. I didn't have a fever, no discharge front nor rear or smells. Doctor says it was received through anul area and showed signs in the frontal region only as Clamydia. One male partner three weeks ago and protected. Could there be a another reason why Doxycycline worked? STD appears unlikely.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No that's the most I could remember. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. If the test showed it was chlamydia, that was the reason for the swelling and swollen lymph nodes (a normal reaction to any infection). Chlamydia often produces no symptoms in men, and when they do occur, they can be anywhere from 1 to 3 or more weeks showing up. One can also get chlamydia from oral sex, or from shared sex toys. Please let me know if you have additional questions about this. Kind regards, ***** *****~