DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

Very recently diagnosed with Grave's disease. 5 year history

Customer Question

Very recently diagnosed with Grave's disease. 5 year history of non cancerous liver lesions. Abnormal liver tests. Currently, Creatinine 0.4 GFR Black 202. I'm Caucasian. ALK PHOS 159 ALT SGPT 57. What do you make of this? Thanks, Vicki
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Just had an AMA done. Negative result. Yay! They were checking me for PBC, my father died from this.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 months ago.

the liver enzymes are not really far off.

It has nothing to do with graves.

Gallbladder dysfunciton can give this enzyme picture.

So can fatty liver , non alcoholic.

So can drug toxicity.

Your doctor also needs to check iron and ferritin, and do hepatitis screens.

Although it is not likely you have these.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here