Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

My daughter was bitten by a dog this afternoon. The owner of

Customer Question

My daughter was bitten by a dog this afternoon. The owner of the dog was close by and yelled at the dog, the dog was a Pitt Bull. The mark left by the bite is noticeable but the bite did not break the skin, it did leave a bruise and a small red area. Should we seek any medical help?
Thanks you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Did you ask the owner about the vaccination status of the dog?How old is your daughter?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My daughter did not ask him anything.
She is 36
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all the information,As the skin was not broken, the risk of infection is less.She needs to wash the area with soap & water.She can apply neosporin cream over it.However, as the vaccination status of the dog is not known, I would suggest to get an examination by her physician.If her tetanus vaccination is not update, it may need to be given. I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.