Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

I have had the feeling of my mouth being scalded time now

Customer Question

I have had the feeling of my mouth being scalded for some time now
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My palate, my tongue and the inside of my cheeks. i cant see any visable changes on the outside. a couple months ago it was worst and i actually had a few blisters on the tongue but now they are gone. but the symptoms still bother me.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: its worst when i sleep
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidwhen you sleep, you can get bad acid reflux which can come up and inflame your throat and could be having geographical tongue or mucositis or stomatitis inflammation of your mouth and tongue.if you don't get proper sleep and have poor nutrition, you can get aphthous ulcers and cold sores and fever blisters in your mouth that can take time to old are you?do you have bad acid reflux?are you not getting enough sleep? poor nutrition?do you have a doctor you can see who can look inside of your mouth?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am 41 yrs old. I don't have a history of acid reflux, my diet is not the healthiest but it's not unclean either. I do have a lot of stress I am a nursing student and this is one reason why it's hard to control what I eat and what time I eat most of the week. I don't have any white patches that would indicate thrush and my throat doesn't hurt. I don't have any digestive issues either. I do notice that my nasal passages get very dry when I am asleep and i get up in the morning and move around i will have a sudden gush of clear drainage but this is not a daily thing
I see. you might be breathing through your mouth at night time when you sleep which can cause sores in your mouth.clear drainage can be from sinus allergies, sinus congestion. you might need to take allergy medications and use a steroid nasal spray to help decrease nasal congestion. that could help you sleep better.more fruits and vegetables in your diet often can help you heal betterthe blisters on your tongue could have been oral type 1 herpes cold sore blisters or aphthous ulcers which come out when your immune system is downimproving your diet, getting regular exercise, sleeping better all can help improve your immune systemlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using