Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

My husband just called while working heard 3 loud pops in

Customer Question

My husband just called while working heard 3 loud pops in arm nw can lift arm but not move sideways. Would this be a torn bicep possibly. I told him to put ice on it for right now.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He is talking to his boss right now. He take only ambien for insomnia. I think they will send him to the doctors. He was lifting a heavy part as he does a/c work
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.This may not be tear of biceps.It can be a problem with shoulder girdle muscle.He may need MRI examination to find out the precise injury.You have told the right thing like icing.He can take tylenol for pain.He needs to keep that arm at rest till he is examined by doctor.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.