Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My son is 2.5 years old and has developed some sort of lump

Customer Question

Hi ...my son is 2.5 years old and has developed some sort of lump right below his anus. it's been there for about 3 weeks now and no imprvement. now it actually looks more like an abscess. who should i see for that? his pediatrician didn't seem concerned and said it would heal its self in few days and that was almost 2 weeks ago. my son complains of pain during bowel movement and when we try to wipe/ clean the area. should i bring him to see a specialist?
JA: Lumps have so many different causes -- some harmless and some that may require medical attention. Try not to worry, the doctor I'm going to connect you to will have the info you need to set your mind at ease. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: it is a firm red lump with the very tip being white
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: i can provide a picture if that would help
'
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Did doctor prescribe any medicine?Please send the picture.