Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have a marble size lump under my jawline right in the

Customer Question

I have a marble size lump under my jawline right in the middle. It just popped up two days ago. I have ear pressure and when I touch it it is very sore. When I bend my neck down it hurts a bit.
JA: Lumps have so many different causes -- some harmless and some that may require medical attention. Try not to worry, the doctor I'm going to connect you to will have the info you need to set your mind at ease. Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: not yet.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have high blood pressure. I am wearing a boot cast because I fell and sprained my ankle real bad.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Is it soft or firm?Is it movable or fixed?Is it increasing in size?Do you have any soreness inside mouth or tooth/ gum problem?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Soft, It doesnt move , my gums bleed when I floss and brush. No soreness in my mouth my chin area is swollen. My ears hurt.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for all the information,There are a few possibilities.Swelling of chin or an inflammation or infection of skin of that area, gum inflammation can cause an enlarged lymph node there.Other cause can be a cyst, lipoma or fat cell collection.Those are benign conditions.Ear pain can be from an infection, eustachean tube block.I feel you need an examination by doctor.In infection, oral antibiotics can be needed.You can apply warm, moist compress.Motrin or naproxen can help with pain.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
You are always welcome.If you are satisfied, please click on 5 star rating.Best wishes