Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Question about accidental vaginal burn. Was supposed to have colposcopy and New PA without

Customer Question

Question about accidental vaginal burn. Was supposed to have colposcopy and New PA without Dr. In office used Trichoroacedic acid rather than 3% acetic acid. What now?
Burned like heck. Heard her asked for saline. I asked would that neutralize as it was on fire. No reply. Told me to get dressed. Came back I room and said she used wrong acid. I would need to come back in a week to redo the Colposcopy. Labia, vagina, and cervix al affected. Help?!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.Do you have sores,blisters and redness,swelling on affected area?When had this incident happened?Any treatment given for burns?Are you currently taking any medications?Do you have vaginal discharge?Thanks.Waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All of the above sores, skin sloughing off major swelling. Happened on Friday. Yes taking meds. Cymbalta, blood pressure med, Clonazepan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No treatment given for burn. Just sent home.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.
Hello,In my opinion,you shouldn't ignore your current symptoms and see your gynecologist again for proper treatment and you should reschedule colposcopy when your symptoms'll resolve.As if you will go through this procedure again then acetic acid 'll aggravate your symptoms severe.You should avoid any procedure in this week.You should take OTC Motrin and Claritin.Also antibiotics should be prescribed.Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution.You can apply Bacitracin ointment on labia.Clean the affected area with soap water twice a day gently.And wear cotton loose clothes.See your doctor in next few days.Hope this helps.Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.Bonus is highly appreciated.We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.Waiting for your response.It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.
Hello,May I help you further please?Waiting for your response.