Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I was diagsnosed with an outer ear infection yesterday but

Customer Question

I was diagsnosed with an outer ear infection yesterday but I have completely lost hearing in that ear and the pain is starting to radiate to my jaw and around to the back of neck. What can I do for this and how should I treat it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Which medicines were prescribed?Since when are you having the symptom?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ciprodex ear drops and the loss of hearing started last night and the pain in my neck and jaw just started about 3 hours or so ago.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all the information,The infection has likely become worse.You can need oral antibiotic.I would suggest to take an examination by doctor again.You can apply warm compress.That will be soothing.If you are not taking any pain medicine, you can take motrin or tylenol.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.