Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I just had two bruises just show up on my forehead and I have

Customer Question

I just had two bruises just show up on my forehead and I have no idea what it is.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern What is your age & gender?Do you have any known medical illness?Is this the first ever time you have developed such unknown bruise?Are the bruises painless?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for coming back online. There can be various reasons of unexplained bruises on forehead.As this bruise has happened for the first time,so an unknown minor injury seems to be the most probable cause. Since bruises often take a few days to appear, it can be easy to forget a minor incident that might have caused it. Other common causes of such bruises are:deficiencies in vitamins B-12, C, K and folic acid can result in tissue or blood vessel weakness resulting in easy bruising.Other causes are:diabetes,side affect of certain medications,liver diseases like cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, platelet disorders.You need to Ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the ice pack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore limits bleeding into the skin and reduces the size of the bruise. So as this bruise has happened for the first time,I advise you to wait & watch.Just keep en eye of observation.Only if you get frequent/repeated bruises (without any injury),then there is need to make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests done to see if there is any underlying cause. So as of now you just need to watch your symptoms & apply ice as explained above.It will help you greatly. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh