How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17799
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had what appears to be a UTI twice in a row. I was put

Customer Question

I have had what appears to be a UTI twice in a row. I was put on antibiotics for three days did not work. I then was put on Nitrofurantoin 100mg twice a day for 7 days start working and then I stopped the medicine and it came back. What should I do Dr. has given me another round of the same thing.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.I feel as Nitofurantoin had some effect, you can continue it.If you do not feel improvement this time, a repeat urine test or culture can be taken.Doctor can take ultrasound too if he feels necessary.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am worried about Clymedia I had unprotect sex once. my symptons are burning, feel like I have to go all the time, pressure when I go
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.
Do you have vaginal discharge?Did you have swab test?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no discharge or odor and no swab test. can I get on over the counter
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.
As there is no discharge, odor it is unlikely a chlamydia infection.Over the counter tests would not be reliable.NAAT test from doctor would give accurate information.

Related Health Questions