Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I got my rook pierced now its swollen red and hurts like

Customer Question

I got my rook pierced now its swollen red and hurts like hell
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Its red and hurts no puss
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I understand your concern.A rook piercing can take from few weeks to months to fully heal.Make sure you aren't allergic to the earring material. Some people are allergic to nickel and other metals in earrings which can cause the cartilage and tissue of the rook to remain swollen.Stainless steel, titanium, and acrylic materials are not likely to cause an on-going allergic reaction.If your rook area appears to be red and swollen then I recommend you remove the earring and have your ear examined by a dermatologist.If your rook is not infected (red, swollen, and yellowish discharge) and you have no allergy to the earring, then the swelling should be gradually absorbed and go down.In the meantime, apply cool compresses with ice wrapped in a cloth to your rook area for 10 minutes twice a day until the swelling goes down. Take OTC Advil and Zyrtec at night.Washing the area twice a day gently with liquid anti-bacterial soap.It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.We are here to serve you until you satisfy.It's good to discuss rather than quit.Please avoid poor/bad rating.Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.Thanks.
Hi,May I help you more?Thanks.Waiting for your reply.