Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am in a panic. Have dr appointment tomorrow . Have had left

Customer Question

I am in a panic. Have dr appointment tomorrow . Have had left side rip pain and a weird pain in front on upper belly tissue . I really first noticed after severe coughing and being sick about a month ago . I am quite over wright and have recently quit smoking . Very light smoker but in the past have had times where I felt I drank to much. Am 62. Thinking i have pancreatic cancer. Had all blood work done about a month ago for a physical and had chest and ribs frayed last week. I also lifted a very large king size foam mattress the I felt I should have not. Vowels seem normal color and so does. Urine. Been using heat and ice.was trying to lose weight and have especially since I have not eaten due to worry. I weight 250. Got some relief from massage on back shoulder area but realize I had had some sore ribs a couple months ago too. Not ready to die
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of? It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out.
Customer: Sounds bad right?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Calm down! You are really jumping to a wild conclusion here! Left rib pain it sounds that you connect to a recent strain lifting and also the recent spell of coughing ...It does not sound like a history to fit pancreatic cancer as likely -- No to that ...Pain from pancreas likely epigastric radiating to mid-back ...Your doctor can check lipase level of blood to screen for inflammation of pancreas as part of work up and help you have peace of mind ...Your history and symptoms do NOT suggest pancreatic cancer though I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD