Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I have had hemorrhoids in the past and a few days ago

Customer Question

Hello, I have had hemorrhoids in the past and a few days ago I began passing blood while pooping. The blood is light colored, but their is a good amount. This does not happen every time and I do not have blood in the stool. I am now light headed and my stomach is hurting. I have also had loose stool for the past 2 weeks.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I cannot think of anything else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Hemorrhoid can cause bleeding.Bur as there is abdominal pain along with loose stool, there can be a gastrointestinal infection.In most cases it is viral.But passage of blood with pain is often seen with bacterial or parasitic infection.I would suggest to take an examination by doctor without delay.Repeated passage of blood can cause anemia, fall of blood pressure.This can cause lightheadedness.A stool test, blood work would help to plan treatment.Meanwhile, please try to keep good hydration.Take plenty of fluid, oral rehydration solution.Bland soft diet, rice, banana, toast can be taken.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.