Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I have some bruising around the saliva glands underneath my

Customer Question

I have some bruising around the saliva glands underneath my tongue. It is centered around the openings of my saliva glands. Help???
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Is it painful?Any problem with eating?Bruising can be due to the irritation of the area from food, beverage or brushing.However, bacterial infection is another possibility but causes pain and swelling as well.Just bruising should gradually subside.You can attach a picture here.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It feels tender, but not painful. I noticed the bruising after a teeth whitening session.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Ok --in that case, this is likely caused by the teeth whitening process.Will improve gradually.However, if pain worsens, infection should be suspected.Antibiotic course will be required in that case.Best wishes