Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

What happens when someone is diagnosed with 15% liver function?

Customer Question

JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: The person is 75, non drinker, non smoker, and has high blood pressure and diabetes. She was diagnosed with hep c from a tainted blood transfusion in the 1980s, so was on medication for the hep c. The doctors are now saying that something in her high blood pressure pill drove her down to 15% as maybe she was allergic.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Can someone at 75 with these conditions undergo a liver transplant from a relative? Or are they too old?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That means severe liver damage. That is a bad prognostic factor. However, may improve slowly by removing the offending medication. Because of his age and active hepatitis C, he is not likely a candidate for liver transplanatation. A liver specialist should be consulted with still. Hep C can be treated with newer oral medications effectively. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: