Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

My tests results state mildly enlarged porta hepatis, portocaval

Customer Question

My tests results state mildly enlarged porta hepatis, portocaval nodes as well as a node along the pancreatic head. These are likely reactive. What does this mean in layman terms?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have fatty liver disease. I have had pancreatitis in 2012 caused by extremely high triglycerides. CT scan showed hepatic steatosis. I had an ultra sound and then a Cat Scan with and without contrast.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have type 2 diabetes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That means the lymph nodes located at the liver, portal vein and inferior venacav junctions look inflamed. The lymph node at the pancreas top also looks inflamed. Viral infection is the common cause. Not likely serious. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: