Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

My blood pressure is 228 0ver 81. I have had blood in my urine

Customer Question

my blood pressure is 228 0ver 81. I have had blood in my urine all day. My stomach hurts. I livein a country town should I go to emergency at the hospital or wait & see doctor in the morning.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.I am sorry for your health condition.The level considered to be a crisis is any level of blood pressure of 180 / 110 mm Hg.or above.Your systolic blood pressure or the upper number is ***** high. At this level the risk of complications like stroke, heart attack etc. from hypertension is increased. I would suggest to consult doctor without delay in ER. Blood in urine needs to be investigated too.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Very high blood pressure like yours can cause damage to the kidneys.Or there can be kidney stone.Blood in the urine can be caused by the either of these conditions.Are you on any blood pressure lowering medication?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Risks of stroke & heart attack are more emergent issues.As I wrote, blood in urine needs investigation.Urine analysis, blood work, ultrasound or CT scan can be needed.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Stomach pain and blood in the urine suggest more of a kidney related issue.Kidney stone can cause this commonly along with high BP also.Hence abdominal scan is more important.Can be evaluated by your doctor.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
If you have any further follow up question, feel free to ask.Best wishes.