wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal medicine internship in New York City. Two decades+ of medical experience

When I was in college, I remember my psychology teacher talking

Customer Question

When I was in college, I remember my psychology teacher talking about a study that found when people were interviewed after a life-altering tragedy or misfortune (such as a death in the family or injury), their outlook was bleak and cynical. But when interviewed years later about the incident, the study found that people remembered more joy than hardship or sorrow from the incident. I've always wanted to look that study up but googling not been forthcoming. Does this ring any bells?
Category: Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.What year was it when the teacher made the reference to this study?Did she provide any other information you can recall?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sometime between '06-'08. Not any other information I can recall.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for that information.Let me see what I can find that could have been published before 2008.This may take a bit of time ;)