Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Had a open skull brain anurisem repair surgery with 2 clips

Customer Question

had a open skull brain anurisem repair surgery with 2 clips 13 years ago.....lots of bone and scalp scars across right top and forehead the drill hole on right side of head has never completely grew together with time like they said...anyway the last couple days i've had bad pain where the scars are..what could the pain be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Do you have any other symptoms with pain like nausea, vomiting or visual disturbances?How frequently do tyou feel the pain?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The pain is likely due to the damage to the nerves around the scars.This can occur at anytime due to the significant scar tissue formation and pressure on the nerves.Another possibility can be recurrence of the aneurysm.This should be checked by a MRI scan of the brain.Nerve related pain can be addressed by the medications.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Do you have any other symptoms with pain like nausea, vomiting or visual disturbances?How frequently do you feel the pain?In which part of the scalp?Is there any swelling, tenderness?