Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

HiWho was the doctor (PBS, probably 2015) who indicated

Customer Question

Hi
Who was the doctor (PBS, probably 2015) who indicated that people with the hunter gene did not lose weight on his weight loss diet. I will pay 200 for an actual answer if I can contact the doctor. I am probably going to help create an article for the Scientific American. My article will indicate that prediabetes is actually a gene (people in India seem to know this). That the gene allows the body to use sugar before storage if possible thereby saving the energy used in storing (make fat) and later releasing the sugar (create sugar for the brain etc...). This is great during famines. The Indians have figured out that the problem is that during pregnancy women have a hard time controlling their blood sugar.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthat doctor was Dr. Michael Rosenbaumhttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/weight-loss.htmlhttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/is-a-calorie-a-calorie.htmlhttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/friedman-obesity.htmllet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi

Maybe. I am trying to contact him thru WGBH. Closed for weekend.

http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/pediatrics/division/endocrinology/facultyyou can find his contact information there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi

E mailed and asked. Here is a purposed ad I sent to Scientific American and Science.

I wish to help fund a study that follows the glucose tolerance tests (GTT) of women before, during and after pregnancy.

I have heard that approximately ½ the people of India are prediabetic (1). This indicates why. I also present a theory about an alternate method of sugar storage used by some humans.

The major reason for this study is that a doctor on PBS in 2015 drew two graphs of a GTT. GTT’s run for 2 hours. The first GTT went up and then down. He indicated this is the expected GTT. The second GTT slowed its rate of assent but was still rising as he lifted his marker. The second is my GTT (2) taken in 1964. Does anyone know the name of this doctor? He defined such people as having a hunter gene. He said people with this GTT did not lose weight on his weight loss diet. Since people with the hunter gene should be better able to survive famines there must be a downside to this gene. I guess the downside is that women with this gene have problems controlling their blood sugar during pregnancy. I have the following question, assume a woman has sugar problems during pregnancy. How can you see if her GTT has returned to normal after pregnancy if you don’t know what is her normal GTT? I have the following observation if women with the hunter gene are much more susceptible to sugar problems during pregnancy maybe you can explore possible pre pregnancy interventions with these women.

In 1964 a doctor looked at my GTT and said I was prediabetic (1) and was developing insulin resistance. I am fat and have done all the wrong things but I am not a diabetic. A second reason for this ad is that the reason for my GTT in 1964 is that I get low blood sugar many hours after eating too much sugar/starch/alcohol (S). I know of 3 other people with the hunter gene who also have this symptom. We also have other symptoms starting with much lower values of S. The symptoms are some degree of brain fog and fatigue. These symptoms are controlled by never letting our blood sugar go above an unknown value.

I theorize that the hunter gene allows people to only store sugar when their blood sugar rises above some value (3). I have reason to believe I had an episode which was an autoimmune reaction. I therefore theorize that doctors should be aware that it is possible for people with the hunter gene to have one type cell of their adrenal glands destroyed which compromises the possibly complicated chemistry that allows them to store sugar based on their blood sugar. Doctors should advise people with the reactive hypoglycemia and GTT I have described that they will feel better if they carefully control the S in their diet (4).

(1) Defined as too high a blood glucose reading 2 hours after ingesting sugar after a fast.

(2) GTT 70, ½ hr 130, 1 hr 175, 2 hr 185, extended 3 hr 100.

(3) I have read that up to 1/3 of the energy in sugar is used up in storing and later releasing the sugar.

(4) I eat an Atkins diet. Another patient posts he/she feels fine with a diet which includes slowly absorbing starch.

Neil Grossbard

*****/p>

Winchester Ma.###-##-####/p>

*****@******.*** if you must Facebook or(###) ###-####/p>

good luck to youlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com