Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am thoroughly fed up with acid reflux. I have tried gaviscon

Customer Question

I am thoroughly fed up with acid reflux. I have tried gaviscon as well as medication from my doctor but nothing keeps it at bay for a long time. What can I take on a regular basis please Angie
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What kind of information
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have suffered with this for many years. I am 68 years old. Have had hysterectomy. Back operation. And love my wine. I suffer with fibromyalgia I know wine won't help the situation but I am in constant pain and it helps me relax
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 6 months ago.
Dear customer,I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:Have you had any tests so far?What medication are you taking for this acid reflux now? I am online and is waiting for your reply.Kind Regards- Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No tests. Frightened of a sigmoidoscopy medication Omeprazole 20 mg once a day in morning.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot bear the thought of a tube going down my throat and I awake stupid I know but that's how I feel