DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

What is a comparable OTC powder ? JA: The Doctor

Customer Question

What is a comparable OTC powder for NYSTOP?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I am using NYSTOP powder on my yeast infection and I need a prescription to get it. What is an OTC powder that would be comparable to NYSTOP? that I can get without a prescription?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 6 months ago.
Hithere is nothing comparable over the counter.That is why this is prescription.If this is on the outside skin, chlortrimazole is over the counter and often effective, but we can not say if that would be the case here. Your doctor would need to OK that. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/