Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Pearl, Is it possible to have a herpes rash on the inner

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, Is it possible to have a herpes rash on the inner thigh but no genital lesions? Could it have appeared within 1 week of sex?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have a rash--many bumps- in a rectangular shape about an inch wide- on my upper inner thigh down 2 inches from the genital region. I saw a doctor and they said it could be herpes or shingles. i need to know. I'm thinking it's not herpes because there are genital lesions and I've never had genital herpes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.Is it possible for you to send / attach a photo of rash.What is your age and gender?Are you diabetic or taking any medicines?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I attached a photo. I am 61 and female. not diabetic. I take thyroid and blood pressure meds.
This looks more like a Shingles rash.An herpes rash is is rare to just appear on inner thigh without a genital lesion. So it is not likely to be genital herpes.Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
The Shingles rash appear on one side of the body and small body area. Please see the reference;http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1132465-clinical#showall See the clinical manifestation of the gential herpes which does not occur in your age group and genitals would be involved; Clinical features in women: Herpetic vesicles appear on the external genitalia, labia majora, labia minora, vaginal vestibule, and introitus. In moist areas, the vesicles rupture, leaving exquisitely tender ulcers. The vaginal mucosa is inflamed and edematous. The cervix is involved in 70%-90% of cases and is characterized by ulcerative or necrotic cervical mucosa.http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/218580-clinicalhttp://emedicine.medscape.com/article/218580-overview#a6 It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/