Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

Well i hit my small toe with the corner of wood cabineta

Customer Question

Hello well i hit my small toe with the corner of wood cabineta it tear some of my skin and is still on its just soke and the skin should i put pressure or not
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Okayit
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I drink coke alot but i takevitamons
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 9 months ago.
Hi,You should clean gently the torn skin with antiseptic solution(betadine).And put some pressure with sterile gauze/clean cotton cloth.If there is bleeding then pressure can help it to stop.Also you should apply OTC Polysporin ointment on it.Avoid wearing tight shoes to prevent friction.Take OTC Advil for pain.Tetanus toxoid shot should be updated also.If you get some swelling,redness increasing over the time then see your doctor for a clinical exam to rule out infection and prescription of antibiotics can be helpful.It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.We are here to serve you until you satisfy.It's good to discuss rather than quit.Please avoid poor/bad rating.Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay it stop bledding and its purple(light) and should i put extreme pressure over nite and walk tomorrrow with light pressure
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I didn't clean it and it stop bleeding i just dont want it to get infected can i clean it with alcohol?
Hi,You should use hydrogen peroxide/betadine solution to clean wound.Putting pure rubbing alcohol on a fresh wound is not good and painful also.If you don’t have other antiseptic then you can dilute alcohol in water and then use it.Also take Advil for pain and inflammation.Avoid pressure on it now.And you can elevate your foot while sleeping.Also walk tomorrow with light pressure.It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.We are here to serve you until you satisfy.It's good to discuss rather than quit.Please avoid poor/bad rating.Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.Thanks.
I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.Positive feedback is appreciated.Thanks.