Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I had a urine culture come back <10,000 col/ml Multiple Bacterial

Customer Question

I had a urine culture come back <10,000 col/ml Multiple Bacterial Morphologies what does this mean?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have had a uti for about 6 days I was on Macrobid for 4 days but it did not help now I am on Cipro for 2 days still having uti symptoms and the uc just came back with the above info
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Only how much longer should I be expierincing uti symptoms. I stand or walk and I feel pressure, burning and spasms
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Multiple bacteria less than 10000 col/ml means contamination of urine with bacteria during collection of urine.As you are having symptoms, doctor may want to have a repeat culture test.Try to take more fluid.You are taking Cipro for 2 days.You can wait for another day.Antibiotic can take some time to act.It can take 2-3 days too to have its maximum effect.If you do not feel any improvement by 3 days, I feel you need a review by doctor.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
If you have not yet consulted an urologist, you can have a referral for one.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.