Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I am having groin pain last few days I have an IVC

Customer Question

I am having groin pain for the last few days I have an IVC filter for 27 years can that cause pain
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have a bad ache in my groin area that started a few days ago nothing has helped I just moved to a new area I don't have a Dr
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I'm not on blood thinners or anything I have ano old hip fracture but it doesn't seem like that's the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Is there any swelling, redness?On which side?Did you take any medicine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's my right side I take Norvasc 10 mg and levothyroxine .125mcg
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's my groin but no swelling and it radiates around the back
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all the information,The pain in the groin area can be due to a few possibilities.Though IVC is introduced through groin, it is placed higher up in the vein.The pain is unlikely from filter.There can be a muscle spasm or strain.An impingement of nerve can also cause pain to radiate to this part.Pain from urinary colic as from infection, stone can be felt here.Those can be felt in the back too. Inflammation of intestine or colon, hip arthritis can be other causes.Skin inflammation, infection, hernia can be a source of pain here, but they should cause some local changes like swelling, redness etc.I would advise to take an examination by doctor in a walk in clinic as the pain is continuing.Doctor can advise a few tests like Ultrasound/ scan, urine etc. depending on clinical findings.Meanwhile, you can pain medicine like tylenol for symptomatic relief.Warm application can be soothing.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
You are always welcome.If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.Best wishes.