Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

My Chol / hdl ratio is 2.6 is that good or bad my total is

Customer Question

My Chol / hdl ratio is 2.6 is that good or bad my total is 7.9 mol and hdl 3.0 ldl4.4 non hdl 4.9 I am confused
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Total 7.9 triglycerides 1.0 hdl -c 3.0 lol -c 4.4 non hdl -c 4.9 Chol / hdl ratio 2.6 I am confused and just wanting to know if that is good or bad ??
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No I am fit and don't carry any weight but on my dad and brother have had bypasses
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.
Hello,What is your age and gender?Any history of Diabetes,hypertension,etc?Are you taking any medications?Thanks.Waiting for your response.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Your total cholesterol,LDL (bad cholesterol) are high.Normal range-Total cholesterol - 5.0 mmol/L or lower. LDL cholesterol -3mmol/L or lowerHDL level above 1 mmol/LTriglyceride level under 1.7 mmol/LLDL of 2mmol/L or lowerThe ratio of total cholesterol to HDL should be below 4.And your HDL-C and chol/hdl ratio are very good.The best way to lower cholesterol is to take less fat and oil in diet.The omega3 fatty acids are useful in food adjuvant to lower cholesterol. You should also take daily exercise as permitted by your body with which you feel comfortable.The daily exercise of 30-60 minutes is usually sufficient.You need to lower your total cholesterol and LDL.Hope this helps.Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.Bonus is highly appreciated.We are here to help you until you satisfy.