Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

LEG BLISTER,69YR OLD MALE,DEVELOPED BLISTER QUARTER SIZE ON

Customer Question

LEG BLISTER,69YR OLD MALE,DEVELOPED BLISTER QUARTER SIZE ON LEFT LEG.SHOW TO PODIATRIST AND HE PLACED AN ARTIFICILE SKIN OVER AND SAID THE BODY WILL ABSORB IT.BEEN 10 DAYS SINCE STILL HERE A LITTLE LARGER.IM PR DIABETIS,OVERWEIGHT AND WONDERING IF ANOTHER FORM OF TREATMENT IS APPROPRIATE.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: PODIATRIST AT VETERANS CLINIC PLACED A 4x4 CLEAR TOPPING OVER BLISTER
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I TAKE HYPERTENSION MEDS LYSINOPRIL AND HCL12.5 MGS AMLODOPINE10MG AND METOPRALOL TARTRATE 100MGS TWICE DAILY
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 11 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya attending youNow, You are diabetic, Hypertensive, high risk for an ulcer to get healedThe reasons are high blood sugar, and high blood pressureYou need to go to a General surgeon nowHe will examine the ulcer area and check the blood sugars and treat you accordinglyAfter 10 days of applying flap, you say it is not healed, so don't waitPlease visit a surgeonAny doubts ask meRequest to leave a positive rating.Any bonus I appreciate.Thanks.
Did you happen to see the answer? Can I request for a positive rating? so that I'm compensated for my timeI appreciate it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.
HiPodiatrists are surgeons.In the US, the podiatrist will have more surgical options for the foot than a general surgeon.The podiatrist needs to examine the area, it might be more better than you can see.If you need surgical debridement, the podiatrist will do that.Your next step is follow up with your podiatrist.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me any time: Dr. Thomas.Please click a positive rating.
Hello,It is not only about surgical debridement and you have already been to podiatrist and now it is mandatory to go to surgeon.Please click on the positve rating