Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I recently got gonorrhea and a vaginal bacteria as well, I

Customer Question

I recently got gonorrhea and a vaginal bacteria as well, I got the shot and finished the pills for the gonorrhea and I'm recently taking the pills for the vaginal bacteria. A few days later I got sick with my asthma they prescribed me a steroid and another antibiotic to help my asthma could. I started taking them yesterday and I recently been leaking discharge could this mean my gonorrhea and vaginal bacteria aren't gonna go away?
Category: Health
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.Gonorrhea is unlikely to recur because the shot and pills resolve and eradicate the infection completely. But bacterial vaginosis or vaginitis may take some more time to get better or cured with the steroids and another antibiotic. There may be a slight aggravation with these for time being. But once steroids and antibiotics for asthma are stopped; this should also resolve as gonorrhea. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
The clinical diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis is made if three of the four following signs are present: 1) A grayish-white vaginal discharge;2) A vaginal pH exceeding a value of 4.5;3) The presence of so-called clue cells on saline wet mount;4) A fishy or amine odor after the addition of a 10% potassium hydroxide solution (positive whiff or sniff test). Treatment of the bacterial vaginosis is cumbersome. Following are the treatment modalities; 1) Metronidazole (flagyl) and clindamycin have been the drugs of choice. 2) Azithromycin too is effective, especially if there is recurrence or persistence. Secnidazole, ornidazole and tinidazole are also used in the case of antibiotic resistance. 3) Antiseptics as vaginal suppositories;a) benzydamine,b) chlorhexidine,c) dequalinium chloride,d) polyhexamethylene biguanide,e) povidone iodinef) hydrogen peroxide 4) Probiotics 5) Stop douching or bubble bath, if you do. 6) Avoid liquid soaps and body wash. It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Should I finish all the medication I'm taking right now or should I stop taking the medicine I'm on for my asthma
Please continue with all your medications. There is a chance that this is just a temporary aggravation and this may resolve completely despite steroids and asthma medications.It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much. I was so worried
You are very welcome. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Hope you are doing very good.Let me know if I can do anything further.