Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

My daughter was on amoxycillin throat. She developed

Customer Question

My daughter was on amoxycillin for strep throat. She developed a UTI, so we stopped the amoxycillin and are beginning the cefdinir. Do you know how long it should take for the UTI to clear up?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: she is 6 years old. Taking 3.5ml 2x day
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: that's it for now- she is complaining when she pees still and very little urine comes out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Salama MDIt typically takes 5-10 days for the infection to clear up while on the antibiotic, depending on the severity. I would advise her to drink plenty of water, no juice or soda for the next week. If she develops a fever at any time during the course of treatment, I would go back to the doctor to make sure that the urine culture revealed that the infection was sensitive and not resistant to the cefdinir.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Any other questions?