Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: i had

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i had an infusion through my veins about 6 days ago and fear some amount of air might have gone into my veins
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i heard is dangerous if air goes into your veins during infusion
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i read the signs of air in your veins and one was chest pains. Recently i have been experiencing some chest pains. I dont know if the pains are coming as a result of the air embolism
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davida small amount of air getting into the veins is not dangerous.the blood can absorb small amounts of air.if you had an air embolism, you would be deadyour chest pains are most likely due to anxiety and worry, or from acid reflux don't have to worry about air being in your veins.this sounds like your anxiety is getting out of control with worrylet me know if you have questions.