Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I've developed a dent along my shin bone in the last couple

Customer Question

I've developed a dent along my shin bone in the last couple days. It's not painful & I've had no injury to the leg. It does appear to be getting larger. It's vertical along the side & slightly crossing the bone. I was just recently diagnosed with lymphoma & I have rheumatoid arthritis as well.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 5 months ago.
Hi,Do you have swelling,redness,warmth,tenderness to touch around dent?What is your age?Prolonged hours of standing?Are you taking any medicines?Difficulty in bending knee,walking,etc?Thanks.Waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No pain, redness, swelling, etc. I am 51 years old. I take methotrexate, folic acid, Celebrex, prednisone, multi-vitamin & biotin. I have had pain on the left side of my lower back & in my left thigh for over a month now. I do have swelling and "knots" in along my left femur probably from the rheumatoid arthritis & possibly the lymphoma. The dent developed just a couple days ago in the left leg, but it is about mid-shin and no pain or swelling there.
Hi,Sorry for late reply and inconvenience. Indentation like that is referred to medically as skin induration. It means that skin is becoming hardened, usually the result of some kind of inflammation or infection, cyst growth, fluid or blood accumulation.It can be associated with rheumatoid arthritis also.So if you think it's getting bigger in size then it should be evaluated.You can elevate your leg.Also monitor your blood pressure.You should watch for any redness,swelling, discoloration around it as these symptoms are more concerning.It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.We are here to serve you until you satisfy.It's good to discuss rather than quit.Please avoid poor/bad rating.Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.We are here to help you until you satisfy..Positive feedback and bonus are appreciated if you are satisfied with our conversation.Thanks.