DrDLove
DrDLove, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years, Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I find myself snapping at my girlfriend alot. I need help so

Customer Question

I find myself snapping at my girlfriend alot. I need help so i dont screw up my relationship.
Category: Health
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, Dr. Mires here to help answer your question. Are you currently being treated by a psychiatrist/psychologist or have you been diagnosed with any kind of psychiatric condition? How can I help you with your problem?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No treatment or diagnosed with anythung.
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 6 months ago.
What causes you to snap at your girlfriend? Is it something she does in particular, or do you find that you have irrational mood swings? Does this only happen with your girlfriend or do you find yourself snapping at other people too?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I find that shes nagging me for simple stuff and i just snap but not a violent verbal snap just enough to cause an argument
Expert:  DrDLove replied 6 months ago.
The best option would be for you to seek counseling. Some people can alter their own behavior by themselves, but most of those people do not ask for assistance. Once you have recognized that you need assistance, the best assistance would be in counseling. And cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, would be the therapy that is most likely to help. The questions asked by the other expert are also pertinent because if there is a specific mental health condition, such as depression, it would also need to be treated, but your counselor can also consider whether such a condition is present.