Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

How many times a day do you take zostar? Is it in liquid form? JA:

Customer Question

How many times a day do you take zostar? Is it in liquid form?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My mom was just diagnosed with shingles and was given a prescription for zostar. She is to take it 2 times a day, but my niece who is a doctor said it should be given 3 times a day. My mom has trouble swallowing and needs a liquid medication. We tried crushing zostar, but the plastic coating doesn't crush fine enough to swallow.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: My mom is 93. She has shingles along the right jaw line. Pain in that area and tingling needle like feeling in the lips and tongue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.There can be different medicines and brand for treatment of shingles.Dose varies for different medicines.Can you write the generic and brand name with milligram of the medicine?