Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I am a female and let my weight get totally out of control.

Customer Question

I am a female and let my weight get totally out of control. 256 and I am only 5'3
I began WWatchers 3 weeks ago and have been having success. I lost 14 pounds in three weeks.
I though am not eating my allotted points of 33 daily and have been averaging 19 points a day. The counsellors at WW are worried about my weight loss and me not eating all my points. They feel that first week I was expected to lose 5 pounds of fluid and then they want you to average 2-3 pounds a week.
Yesterday my body went into a chemical imbalance shock ( my overset cation). I had diaherra, vomiting and severe Charlie horses in my left calf. I was dizzy and my equilibrium was off. Today I stayed home from work with the same systems
Should I see my Dr for a blood panel? Or any advice would be helpful. Thanks. Mae
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Diarreha and vomiting can cause electrolyte imbalances resulting in charlie horses. Sudden change in diet can cause these symptoms. Viral infection is also quite possible. Both in combination can cause diarrhea, vomiting. Rest, fluids, Gatorade should help usually. Also relax your diet a bit for now since you lost more than expected weight anyway.Blood tests are not needed right now. But if no improvement in next 3 days, then metabolic panel, stool tests are recommended. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: