Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Legs are itching badly JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help

Customer Question

legs are itching badly
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: This is something relatively new. I started a new job at a wastewater facility and think I got infected with some sort of parasite/ bacteria. I have been to 2 doctors. one thought it was winter itch (kinda like dry skin I guess) the other thought it may be scabies or bed bugs. I think both of these are wrong.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.How old are you?When do you feel the itching most?Did doctors prescribe any medicine?Did you have any test?Did you consult family physician or Specialist?Do you have any other illness?Can you send picture?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
at night usually in middle of night,
yes - first doctor prescribed -prednisone (pill) and triamcinolone lotion. took 9 out of 10 pills (but kinda felt like I was getting head ache. use lotion very sparingly. ( didn't agree with the winter inch thery)
2 nd doctor- prescribed Ivermectin I did 2 6pill doses 1 week apart. did not really have symptoms when I did but he said it should work after second dose. He said he thought it was scabbies or bed bugs. ( looks like the rx is for round worms) He seem to really think hard about it so I defiantly appreciated the effort but the itch has come back just the same.
no other test.
general practitioner
not that I know if
yes can send pictureis there a test that can determine the cause. fyi its not really just my legs but they are the itchest. I also got bedbug spray on mattress, washed all blakets, and got matteress in a zipped cover.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Do you have any visible rash?Please send picture.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ive tried to send but the pic file is too big. do you got n email I can send it to from my yahoo mail?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, we can not give email here.It is against the rule of the site.You can attach the picture by reducing its size.You can contact customer service of our site.Otherwise, you can describe the rash, its appearance.