Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Pearl. I had stomach liposuction a little over 3 months

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I had stomach liposuction a little over 3 months ago. Right after the surgery my right leg began to swell and feel warm. I had two ultra sounds, a CT scan, blood work and a d- dimer test, which all proved that I do not have a blood clot. When I elevate my leg and where a compression garment the swelling goes down. My primary care doc says it's lymphedema, but my plastic surgeon says it's not, and he has never seen someone get lymphedema from Lipo. The swelling is not severe. But could this be the beginning of what is worst to come?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Thanks ,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I will not go that extreme since the swelling only involves your right leg that too not worsening.Since compression stocking is helping, this is likely venous insufficiency.Pressure on the leg veins can cause delayed venous return and swelling.Since all the tests were negative, this is not likely a serious problem.Should gradually improve with compression stockings, and also losing weight.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: