Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I started on Frusemide 40mg about two months ago and now I

Customer Question

I started on Frusemide 40mg about two months ago and now I have developed bad constipation and in turn heamorides. Is the Fruesmide the cause ????
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My doctor put me on Frusemade about two month's ago to help reduce fluid around my lungs and heart. I have Cardio Myopothy (sorry about the spelling) which was causing swelling around my ankles, hence the Lasix to get rid of the fluid. He also told me to drink at least two ltres of water a day.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I am also on Blood pressure meds and Meds for Asthma...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.How was your fluid intake?Do you take enough fiber?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
I was waiting for your reply.Frusemide can cause constipation.It can be a factor.However, you can try to take more fiber along with fluid.Less activity, high protein diet can be a factor for recent constipation.High fiber diet, plenty of water, exercise are good to have soft stool. Leafy vegetables & fresh fruits, whole cereals should be taken. Plenty of fluid intake is important to keep the consistency soft. Metamucil or benefiber are fibre containing laxative available over the counter. I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.