A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I tested positive to be treated with celf? I had MRSA

Customer Question

I tested positive for MSSA to be treated with celf? I had MRSA in 2014 after a back surgery, treated by infusionwith vancomic. What is the diff between MRSA and MSSA and will it become MRSA?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What do you need? The Rx. for MSSA is Ciprofloxacin 500MG 100 CT
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Tyep II Diabetic under coontrol. Also had c.diff after van/infusion
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.
MRSA is methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.MSSA is Staphylococcus aureus that does respond to methicillin class antibiotics. I'm sorry buy I'm unfamiliar with the antibiotic "celf" you referenced here "...I tested positive for MSSA to be treated with celf?" Ciprofloxacin is one of the antibiotics typically prescribed for MSSA. Properly treated, MSSA doesn't "become" MRSA. Please let me know what additional questions you may have about this. Kind regards, ***** *****~